Beach Office Time! Being a beacher means more than just holidays and relaxation. Sometimes you also have to work.
But nowadays there are more options than ever to work from wherever you want. So why not work where it’s simply the nicest: on the beach. Of course you have to bear a couple of things in mind.
1. Discipline to work in a place where others are having their holidays.
2. A good internet connection – you shouldn’t rely on having a good WLAN connection anywhere close. In many areas the internet connection is either bad or non-existent. So it’s best to inform yourself beforehand, or to get a SIM card for your smartphone or tablet when you arrive. These are really cheap and you can get them everywhere.
3. Suitable technical equipment, like a laptop, tablet or smartphone.
4. Helpful software, which are indispensable for freelancers and the nomadic life – like Skype, Dropbox, Evernote and many other helpful project management and collaboration apps.
5. And finally, you need a pleasant and quiet place where you work without being disturbed – like under an umbrella, tent or in a nice beach cafe.