Learn from others and save your time. Get ready in just 30 days.
When I first heard about the expression “digital nomad” ten years ago, I was still working in an agency in Germany. I worked lots of hours in the office, banned to my desk, spending over and over in loooong meetings in concrete walls.
And sometimes I just looked outside the window, the birds where singing, people laughing… and I thought: What the hell am I doing here? Did you have had the same thoughts? Wondering if there is even for you a chance to get out of this 9-5 jobs, selling your soul and energy to someone else business just to receive the money to keep your life smooth and running?
If you need a holiday to recover from your daily life, you have to change something. Start to make your daily life a holiday.
A lot of people ask me how to start? If you start googling digital nomad lifestyle and how to start, you get a lot of information. But what is right for you? It can get very overwhelming and time-consuming.
I would be so grateful if there would have been someone, who took me by the hand and help me to setup. I would be probably faster at the point, where I am today. Just by simply learning from successful digital nomads, who are already there.
Kristin Wilson is a digital nomad for more than 15 years and offers a wonderful 30 days Digital Nomad Challange. Starting on 15.May. So join now to reserve your seat and get started to become a nomad.
30 Custom Challenges Delivered Daily
- Week 1: Mindset & Opportunities
- Week 2: Remote Jobs
- Week 3: Freelancing & Online Businesses
- Week 4: Travel & Community
✓ 30 Custom Video Messages From Veteran Digital Nomad Writer, Speaker, and Coach Kristin Wilson
✓ Printable 1-Month Calendar With custom daily illustrations to track progress
✓ Group Slack Channel For Accountability and Community
✓ End of Challenge Wrap-Up Live Webinar With Kristin from Traveling with Kristin
✨DEFINITION OF FREEDOM✨
Before I started to become a nomad, more than 6 years ago, I was working in agencies and marketing departments as a marketing manager. All my “work life”, I was working as a freelancer and never been really employed. Because I have been always quite autonomous and loved the idea to be independent and schedule my day to my work-life balance.
But to be honest? I was not free… …not in time. I had a full scheduled day and could sometimes not even manage my private life anymore. I had simply never time. ✨ …not in location. I felt often slaved to my office desk or spent time in meeting rooms all day without any fresh air and daylight, surrounded by cold concrete walls.
✨ …not from my soul. And this is the most important one: Even though I loved my job at this time and the variety of different projects and the connection to people, I started to feel tired and empty after a while. Because there was something missing. The purpose of my soul, the reason to be here on this planet, the connection to the higher source and my life force.
✨ It took me a while to understand this and until I eventually took action and changed something. I learned and studied A LOT in self-development, yoga, meditation, and spirituality, how to become happier, how to change my life, more fulfilling life balance and so on…
✨I started to TRAVEL MORE and WORK LESS. ✨ One day I humbled over the expression “digital nomad” and new this life will make me more independent, time and location wise. It would allow me to travel wherever I want, meet new cultures, places and make new friends, while I was working from my, laptop from everywhere.
✨ So I DID! I packed my bag rented out my flat for minimum one year and when on a long journey. I had an amazing time and everything I did was perfect. Sometimes it felt like a dream, too good to be true.
✨ BUT also this lifestyle has its good and bad sites. I still had to work for clients, for other peoples products, businesses and started to feel some resistance. And there it was again: The feeling of emptiness…
✨ Emptiness even in paradise? Yes! Because it was not the purpose of my soul. My soul was calling for more… …more true connection, …more personal fulfillment, …more things that I really love …more creativity and creation …more abundance.
✨ Once I started to create things for my own, I felt more alive and in flow with my heart, soul, and life. My inner and outer life seemed to be aligned.
✨ But just my latest new project really boosted my full potential in so many ways. Because now I am able to do what I want… …to welcome and live more abundance on all levels …more wealth …more choices how I want to structure my day …more own decisions, with who I am want to work with and how. …more passive income …more soul food and fulfillment
✨ All of that means more FREEDOM for me. Because I am free to decide and can make conscious actions that lead to a result that I want to happen.
✨ What means freedom for you? 🙂
✨ And if you want to know more about my freedom project, post FREEDOM in the comments below. I am happy to share more information about what’s working for me.
Last summer in 2018, I’ve created together with ARTE a German documentary about the nomad lifestyle in Bali.
I speak about how to become a digital nomad, the challenges and the advantages of this lifestyle, how I usually work on the road and how to earn money. I tell about, where to register as a permanent traveller, how and where to have your insurances and where to invest in your future as a digital nomad – and many more.
A few months later the international channel DW published this documentary in English.
If you want to live this lifestyle, too or at least looking for a way to earn passive income to be financially free, drop me an email with the code “FREEME” and I will send you further information.
10 tools to increase your intuition
Intuition is something that every one of us carries deep inside with us. There might be people who are talented in using his or her intuition, but in fact, intuition is what you can train and learn to use as a high-value skill. If we want to achieve something in life that makes us happy, we need the right vision.
To get a clear vision, we need to look in our hearts. Intuition is useful for decision-making, problem-solving, creativity increasing, receive messages as warnings, foretelling future events, spiritual guidance and to stay focused on your real goals.
With the following tools you can increase your intuition in just a few weeks:
- Meditate regularly. Try to meditate daily for at least 10-15 minutes. A clear and empty mind, helps you to get to the point, who you really are and what you really want.
- Practice silence. Listen and observe more. Talk and think less.
- Be present. Try always to be in the moment. Be aware of your situations, actions, and feelings.
- Dream interpretation. In dreams, we process a lot of unconscious thoughts and actions. To learn about your dreams and their meanings, can help to increase our intuition.
- Checking with your feelings. Learn more about your self and train your consciousness of your unconsciousness. Check minimum twice a day how do you feel right now. Inside of you, on your close or around yours. Write it down brackets or bullet points.
- Consume less TV, radio, entertainment internet content or music
- Have a regular morning and night ritual. Try to keep some rituals right after you wake up and right before bedtime. That keeps your thoughts and actions clear and open for bigger inspirations.
- Be playful, silly and creative. Whenever you need it, dance, laugh, smile, make a joke, doodle or do any other things that break your serious rational mind.
- Create a unity between your voice and what you’re talking, your thoughts and what your thinking and your actions, what you finally do with it.
- Practice and exercise yoga, dancing and stretching to balance your body, mind, and soul.
“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that donors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” (Albert Einstein)
I’ve been in Barcelona in July and met Sean from Nomadlifestyle.com.
He interviewed me for his blog about my nomad lifestyle.
We had a warm and inspiring conversation and I gave also lots of tips and tricks, how you can live a similar lifestyle and become a nomad.
We were talking about how to become a nomad, how to balance your life and many deep going insights about a nomadic life and general lifestyle tips and ideas.
Check out video on nomadlifestyle.com or here:
I get often the questions, how to become a nomad? How can you afford that lifestyle? How can you earn money? With what kind of job can you live a nomad lifestyle? Where to find those jobs?
So I thought, it could be helpful to have a list with different info all around nomad lifestyle, tips, locations, jobs and so on.
- Evernote – notes, writing, creating lists, share it on your other devices
- Wunderlist – Tasklist, easy and simple, but well connected to all your devices and you can share and delegate tasks.
- Facebook groups:
- Airbnb – Rent a room or apartment
- Booking.com – Hotels, Hostels, Guesthouses, and apartments.
- Couchsurfing – stay for free with locals
- Trusted Housesitters – house and pet sitting for free
- Workaway – volunteer for free accommodation
- Nomad House – rent a room in a nomad house
- Upwork – Freelancer Jobs
- Freelancer.com – Freelancer Jobs
- Writer Access – for Writing Jobs
- Guru – Freelancer Platform
- iWriter – Writing Jobs
- Fiverr – Freelancer Tasks
I try to update this list regularly and continue adding more links to it.