On the airplane from Madrid to Panama I read an insteresting section from the author Austin Kleon in his book “Steal like an Artist”.
- Start first with copying your heroes and idols. Not just one. Mix it up. What do they do, how do they do it? Learn and try it again and again.
- After a while you will develope your own style. Don’t worry yet, just to be a copy. It will come from alone, if you practice onward and mix it up with more then one of your idols.
- What you really want to do, is what you really love. To remember and to keep it in your mind, follow this manifesto and try to read it for the next 4 weeks every single day:
Draw the art you want to see,Start a business you want to run,Play the music you want to hear,Write the books you want to read,Build the products you want to use:Do the work you want to see done.
You Had A Dream?
Believe In Yourself And Don’t Give Up With Your Own Business
You have your own business or think to start one?
But at the moment just stuck or don’t know how to continue?
I have a motivating video of my professional marketing friend: Kath Luty
If this is how you currently feel about your business, it’s time to make a change. Find the right kind of guidance that will suit your needs, your means and your authentic self.
If you feel frustiated or not motivated, watch this video:
When we think about our life. Our inner desires, wishes and values and what we want to achieve finally – it always come back to happiness.
We may all have different plans and desires.
We want to buy a house for the time of retirement, travel or visit some specific places, aspire to a position or live a certain lifestyle.
But what is behind these dreams? What motivates us to aim it?
In the end, it’s mostly the ambition to be happy.
- To buy a house is the intention to live a more peaceful life and don’t worry about money in times of retirement. Security may makes us relaxed. Relaxation is a good initial position for happiness.
- To see new places, cultures and meet new people. Traveling is broaden up our mind. We learn more about life. The world becomes smaller and yourself richer. Or probably you just want to relax on the beach. But coming out of your small world and visit either inspiring new sides of life or the most beautiful places in the world, makes us happy.
- If your intention is to live another lifestyle, you may not be happy yet with your current one. To much stress, pressure or a daily routined “hamster wheel lifestyle“. So your will is probably to change it into more relaxation, more quality, love and spending more time with your beloved ones.
It doesn’t matter which desires and intentions you have in life, in the end we all seeking for more happiness.
My wish was always to stay at the sunny side. I love the beach and sun and love to travel. So I made this to my lifestyle.
But even for me, I needed to prepare it for 1-2 years actively.
So thats why I want to share here with you how to start.
The four steps you have to work on. To change something and start your life, where you can be more happy.
1. Change your values (In my case: live with less luxury, enjoy the small moments, learn to love everybody and everything, feel home everywhere)
2. Change my habits (in my case: limit your belongings, learn and study every day for it)
3. Follow masters. Search for some „idols“, people, who already live that life, what you want to live. Follow them. Study them. What did they do for it? How could they became this characteristic? What are their values, habits, daily routines?
4. Stop dreaming and act. Now its time to make a plan and change it. If you start now continuously, you can achieve it quite soon.
Of course you have to be patience. But if I can do it, everyone can do it! 🙂
If you need help with it, contact me. Would love to provide you with infos and ideas or just sharing thoughts.
Finally here a video of my time with Terra nation as a beacher in Milos. Its our HAPPY beach version of Pharrel Williams.
Become happy. Feel happy. Be happy.
There is a type of people – and today it not less – who is yearning for actionism each day.
Typically these people are successful in their career – but are they really successful in life?!
In the beginning they aspire towards succeeded events, but later on they just running after actions.
People like that feel euphoric under physical stress and in combination with a rush of success and the desire to experience all the time new things, makes them unstoppable.
For those people a wellness-retreat is nothing else than an active sport power weekend, a chill-out evening at home means to work from home and not being outside anywhere else in the world.
They can do that for a while, but also they are not super mans and don’t have not a super man body. Indeed your body is amazing and can do a lot of things you probably don’t really know about. But you need to restore and have breaks. Your body needs to shut down the system – same as a computer. You need to empty the battery to filling it with new power.
Do you know these kind of people? Or probably you are one of these?
I you not sure, make your test here and check if you a part of the stress junkie gang.
- Do you have often problems with falling asleep?
- Are you reading or working, when you eat alone?
- Is it difficult for you to do nothing?
- Is you mobile phone always switched on, even if it’s not necessary?
- Do you like to work on weekends and holidays?
- Can you work everywhere and every time?
- Do you think, its hard to take holidays?
- Do you feel anxiety, when you think about retirement?
- Is it long time ago you met friends outside your job?
- Do you zap permanently though the channels, when you watch TV?
If you could answer more than 4 times the the questions with “Yes”, you should really thing about a better work/life-system. Because this speed limit will not last forever.
I know what I am walking about, because I am the same type and made my experience. With the age of 25 I had my first burn out. It took me minimum one year to generate from it. But so I came to Yoga. Today I won’t miss my yoga, meditation or just mental relaxing part of the day. It’s so important and makes as – long-term – even stronger and gives us more power.
If you want to know how, just follow my blog. I will share with my experience and of other stress junkies, with useful tips that help you to guide you.
Before you probably want to change something in your life, it’s good to analyse your personality.
To become a clearer idea what person you are, what motivates you and what are your strengths and skills.
I can just highly recommend finding out more about yourself, before you start to change something in your life. Doesn’t matter if it’s your job situation, your family life or how and for what you spend your leisure time.
I found a good test the analyse your personality in the following categories:
1. Where is your energy naturally directed? Are you acting more Introverted or Extroverted?
2. What kind of information do you naturally notice and remember? Are you understanding more as a Sensor or Intuitive?
3. How do you come to conclusions? Do you decide and trust on your heart and Feelings or are you even more the Thinker and decide rationally?
4. What kind of environment makes you the most comfortable? Are you a Judger or Perceiver in your daily life?
Make your personal test! Its for free.
It helped me to understand myself, 5 years ago. When I struggled and felt lost, after a burning out. Where I knew, I have to change something.
So what personality type are you? 🙂
Who hasn’t been confronted with situations like these:
We often kick our ToDo’s – particularly the less comfort ones – down the road.
We set goals and important ToDo’s for the following week, but we dont find the time to achieve and fix it all.
We feel unsatisfied, tired and sometimes burned out.
Most of it leads to your time management. And how disciplined you manage it every week.
That’s why I want to share with you some tips and tools to increase your weekly success and time management, that helped me the most.
1. Plan your week weekly
Lets become it a regular habit by creating a date with yourself in the end of the week on Sunday – or even Monday morning is ok.
Give you one hour to reflect the last week and plan your next week, with the upcoming next steps I will tell you now.
2.Review your the past week what what you’ve done and achieved.
List down 3 things each:
1. Lessons I learned this week
2. Who inspired me this week
3. List 3 things I am proud of (what you did, achieved or even what happened)
4. What was the most unnecessary and time-consuming things, i’ve done this week.
3. Analyze things that not happened:
Review on your last 3 goals for the week.
Could I achieve my goals?
If not, why not?
If so, what was it, that helped me to achieve it?
3. Define 3 main goals for this upcoming week.
But keep it SMART:
Goals should be simplistically written
and clearly define what you are going to do.
Goals should be measurable so that you have tangible evidence that you have accomplished the goal. Look for
short-term or smaller measurements to built the goal.
Goals should be achievable; they should stretch you slightly so you feel challenged, but defined well enough so that you can achieve them.
You must possess the appropriate knowledge, skills,
and abilities needed to achieve the goal.
Goals should measure outcomes, not activities.
Goals should be linked to a timeframe that creates
a practical sense of urgency, or results in tension
between the current reality and the vision of the goal.
Without such tension, the goal is unlikely to
produce a relevant outcome.
Try to variate each week with your goals to increase the growth of all your areas:
your social life (family, partner, friends), personal growth (learning, sports, reading, etc.), business (job tasks, improving your skills, relationship with your boss, colleagues, main targets, etc.) or other hobbies and activities you like to do and increase in any field.
4. Create and define your tasks to achieve your weekly goals.
Break it down and create out of your goals concrete tasks you want to be done till the end of the week.
I prefer to reduce to a few smaller tasks than having one big tasks.
You have to write a concept about your new business idea.
Instead of taking the task “writing a business concept”, break it down to smaller tasks as
2. Rough idea sketch
3. Create a financial plan
4. Create a time schedule
5. Write a detailed concept
6. Fine-tuning and design
In the end spread it over the week in smaller brackets instead of doing it in one big step.
You won’t find the time for it and postpone it probably.
5. Schedule your upcoming week
Plan your week with a online or offline calendar where you can bring it to your daily schedule.
A) First make a new ToDo list and list all the tasks from your following sources:
1. Your defined goal tasks
2. All the tasks you haven’t finished the week before
3. Tasks, which are set and have to be done anyway (regular housework, regular meetings, etc.)
B) Than prioritize the them all in
PRIO1: “must have be done”,
PRIO2: “should be done” and
PRIO3: “would be nice to be done this week”
C) Now but them all into your daily schedule by taking the most important tasks first and put them on the beginning of the week and beginning of the day, if possible.
Go on with the 2nd and third prio’s until you discovered the whole week with all the tasks on your list.
In the end of the week you start with your one-hour weekly planning again and let it become a regular habit.
One online tool that helped me with that is for example WEEK PLAN
Its free, if you don’t want to by the full version.
So start today to increase your weekly success.