When we think about our life. Our inner desires, wishes and values and what we want to achieve finally – it always come back to happiness.
We may all have different plans and desires.
We want to buy a house for the time of retirement, travel or visit some specific places, aspire to a position or live a certain lifestyle.
But what is behind these dreams? What motivates us to aim it?
In the end, it’s mostly the ambition to be happy.
- To buy a house is the intention to live a more peaceful life and don’t worry about money in times of retirement. Security may makes us relaxed. Relaxation is a good initial position for happiness.
- To see new places, cultures and meet new people. Traveling is broaden up our mind. We learn more about life. The world becomes smaller and yourself richer. Or probably you just want to relax on the beach. But coming out of your small world and visit either inspiring new sides of life or the most beautiful places in the world, makes us happy.
- If your intention is to live another lifestyle, you may not be happy yet with your current one. To much stress, pressure or a daily routined “hamster wheel lifestyle“. So your will is probably to change it into more relaxation, more quality, love and spending more time with your beloved ones.
It doesn’t matter which desires and intentions you have in life, in the end we all seeking for more happiness.
My wish was always to stay at the sunny side. I love the beach and sun and love to travel. So I made this to my lifestyle.
But even for me, I needed to prepare it for 1-2 years actively.
So thats why I want to share here with you how to start.
The four steps you have to work on. To change something and start your life, where you can be more happy.
1. Change your values (In my case: live with less luxury, enjoy the small moments, learn to love everybody and everything, feel home everywhere)
2. Change my habits (in my case: limit your belongings, learn and study every day for it)
3. Follow masters. Search for some „idols“, people, who already live that life, what you want to live. Follow them. Study them. What did they do for it? How could they became this characteristic? What are their values, habits, daily routines?
4. Stop dreaming and act. Now its time to make a plan and change it. If you start now continuously, you can achieve it quite soon.
Of course you have to be patience. But if I can do it, everyone can do it! 🙂
If you need help with it, contact me. Would love to provide you with infos and ideas or just sharing thoughts.
Finally here a video of my time with Terra nation as a beacher in Milos. Its our HAPPY beach version of Pharrel Williams.
Become happy. Feel happy. Be happy.
I am a rebell
I am a pirate
I am a warrior
I am a lover
I am a daughter
I am a sister
I am a workaholic
I am a change maker
I am a harmony lover
I am a party girl
I am a traveller
I am a host
I am a guest
I am lifestyle nerd
I am a digital nomad
I am a yogini
I am a nature lover
I am a cosmopolitan
…because: I AM who I AM!
I am not perfect…
I get up
I make I breath
…because I SIMPLY BE!
Start with a beautiful mantra or affirmation into this week and say it minimum once a day to yourself:
If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return.
There is one thing, and I would say, it’s the most essential thing in life. Consciously “breathing”.
And it doesn’t mean, you just “have to do”. No, you allowed to do and should do it more consciously.
Especially Yoga taught me this – and the vedic philosophy behind it, which is a few thousand years old!
To breath consciously, means to look inward, come back to yourself, stop the time for a moment – and I can just say it from my perspective: it has such a big affect on your lifestyle and your way of thinking.
There is a beautiful quote from Leo Babauta of zenhabits.net, which I want to share with you:
If you feel overwhelmed, breathe. It will calm you and release the tensions.
If you are worried about something coming up, or caught up in something that already happened, breathe. It will bring you back to the present.
If you are moving too fast, breathe. It will remind you to slow down, and enjoy life more.
Breathe, and enjoy each moment of this life. They’re too fleeting and few to waste.” (Leo Babauta)
So lets take a deep breath and just be in this simple, present moment. Its a gift to recognize it today…in this rapidly society.
To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of LIFE.
Anyone know who said this quote? Besides being in secret life of Walter Mitty.
Either way it’s a motto worth living by.
(at mytvan iceland)
Valentine’s day – the day for sharing and expressing our love.
But it is it just for couples? LOVE is not just in a love relationship. LOVE is in every relationship.
Sharing your love and showing others, what they mean to you. Doing something good to people, your earth, your environment.
So you don’t need to stay in a relationship. And its not about GIVING each other EXPENSIVE PRESENTS und show their love.
We should BE PRESENT. Sharing our love to those who need it.
Maybe some family members, friends, colleagues, people in need, animals in need or nature in need.
Here are 10 quick ideas to express, give and share you your love:
1. Make a donation for a cause or aid organization
2. Bake a cake or cookies for someone you love
3. Visit a shelter and walk a dog
4. Buy flowers and send it to someone who is alone
5. Buy a box of chocolates and give them out at work or a class
6. Write cards of appreciation to those who’ve helped you
7. Visit a senior center and talk to the people. Listen to them. Just be there for them.
8. Keep some sweets or snacks with you to give to the homeless by the road
9. Tell a stranger you like their shoes (or hair, or coat, or …)
10. Smile at babies. 😀